Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Samples Challenge Day 4.

Background: I noticed that lately, my indie eyeshadow samples are not getting enough love, simply because it's easier for me to reach for tubs. So I decided to challenge myself to use them more often. Everyday, I pick 2 eyeshadow samples randomly out of my collection without looking, and I have to use them. I can add other products in, but the 2 colours have to be the main part of the look.

Today I drew another colour that I hated – Blackbird's Fire Pledge (swatch here). Nothing against Blackbird, it's just that brick orange is a colour I never liked and looks freaking terrible on me. 

Luckily, the other colour I drew, Ten Three Labs' The Butler (swatch here), is a colour i can work with.




This is the look I came up with:





Rushed full face photo here:

I only took one photo since I was late for work. The lip colour is Brazen's Grown Ass Woman!

2 comments:

  1. I love how you make colors that seem like they might not work together actually look awesome together. I'm loving this challenge of yours. How long are you gonna do it for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Planning to do it until I run through all my samples but I'm not sure if I'd run out of ideas. I'm taking a break this weekend since I'm traveling though!

    ReplyDelete